Bryce and Paddy after 30 years have decided to plan for retirement and now offer Heritage Estate Wines for sale. Heritage Estate is one of Queensland’s highest rated wineries and is rated by James Halliday as a 5-star Winery.
Heritage Estate’s original winery and cellar door located at Cottonvale, about two and a half hours south west of Brisbane and about 15 minutes north of Stanthorpe. The property is located in the renowned Granite Belt region at a high altitude of 960m, specialising in red and white wines, with intense cool climate attributes.
With three great locations, totaling 8 hectares of producing vineyard, planted on deep decomposed granite soil.
- Cottonvale - 32.5 acres on 6 titles including 10 acres vineyard
- Ballandean - 27 acres on 1 title including 10 acres vineyard
- Thulimbah – 4.25 acres on 1 title including The Church Cellar Door on New England Highway
Varieties grown include Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Chardonnay as well as alternative varieties that grow exceptionally well on the Granite Belt of Mourvèdre, Grenache, Fiano, and Marsanne.
- Large Wine Production area with on and off-site bottle and barrel storage including cold room and laboratory
- Large Cellar Door for events and weddings
- Commercial Kitchen - Licensed Venue
- Wine Producer’s License
- Producing award winning wines – winner of Winestate Wine of the Year, James Halliday Wine Companion 5-star Winery, James Halliday Dark Horse Winery, Queensland Wine Industry Awards, Australian Small Winemakers among others
- Three bedroom, two bathroom accommodation at Winery
- Separate boutique Cottage accommodation
- Separate three bedroom Workers accommodation
- Large Machinery Shed
- Vineyard plant and equipment – list on request
- Winemaking equipment – list on request
- Vineyards watered by spring fed dam and excellent bores
- Established gardens including Roses
- Wine Mail List with approx. 600 members
Average annual production is about 5000 dozen, however there is capacity and further potential for this to be increased and an excellent opportunity to export to the Asia market.
Bryce and Paddy plan to retire locally and would be pleased to offer advice and assistance to ensure the new owner’s venture is a complete success to continue the Heritage Estate tradition of excellence.